June 5 - Intro to English Paper Piecing (Adult)
Oh Look, Fabric!
221 Main Street, E., Milton, ON L9T 1N9
Adult - Intro to English Paper Piecing Workshop
Instructor: Elaine Theriault
Date: Wednesday, June 5, 2019
Time: 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. (arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the workshop to get settled in)
Workshop Fee: $65.00/pp +HST
Duration of Workshop: Approximately 2 hours
Minimum Participants: 3
Maximum Participants: 12
Age Requirement: 16+
Skill Requirement: Beginner
What to bring:
- Neutral coloured thread (available for purchase in-store if needed)
- Small bag or pouch to put your work in
- Scissors for cutting fabric
- Scrap fabric (fat quarters are available for purchase in-store if needed)
- You will receive a 5% discount on fabric purchases, for the purpose of this workshop only. If you are an existing Sewing Club Member, the additional 5% discount will not apply.
What you will receive in class:
- You will each receive a kit that will include:
30 – 1” hexagon paper pieces
1 hand sewing needle
- You will learn the basics of English Paper Piecing from beginning to end
- No previous sewing experience is required
- This patchwork technique is sewn completely by hand
- If the minimum amount of participants is not met, the workshop will be cancelled and the workshop fee will be refunded.
- Upon arriving in-store, we will require you to sign a Waiver prior to the workshop beginning.
- Restroom is not wheelchair/walker accessible
- In order to ensure that each participant receives enough attention to learn and complete a project in the allotted time frame, our workshops are limited in the number of participants, based on the workshop being taught unless otherwise stated. A minimum age of 16 is required for all of our kid’s workshops. Materials and supplies are not included in the workshop fee unless otherwise noted.
- Safety is our first concern at Oh Look, Fabric! Should a participant not adhere to the instructor’s instructions and/or be a disruption for other participants, the participant may be removed from the workshop and the workshop fee will be forfeited.
Payment and Cancellation Policies:
- Spaces in our workshops are limited, therefore to reserve a seat in any of our workshops a 100% non-refundable deposit must be received at the time of registration. You may register for a class in person at the store or on our website at www.ohlookfabric.com. Cancellations must be made a minimum 72 hours prior to the workshop start date; you will receive an in-store credit. Cancellations made less than 72 hours of the workshop start date, forfeit their fee entirely. Also, no refunds/credits will be issued for "no-shows" due to illness, travel, etc.