June 29 - Beginner Garment Making - Truebias, Ogden Cami (Adult)
Oh Look, Fabric!
221 Main Street, E., Milton, ON L9T 1N9
Adult - Beginner Garment Making - Truebias, Ogden Cami
Instructor: Elaine Theriault
Dates: Friday, June 29, 2018
Time: 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
(arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the workshop to get settled in)
Workshop Fee: $75.00/pp + HST
Duration of Workshop: Approx. 2.5 hours
Minimum Participants: 2
Maximum Participants: 4
Age Requirement: 16+
Skill Level: Basic sewing
What to bring:
- Sewing machine in good working order (and manual if you have one)
- All purpose sewing foot
- Basic sewing kit (seam ripper, thread snips, safety pins, fabric and all purpose scissors, pins, clips, pencil or marker)
- Neutral coloured thread or a brightly coloured thread or threads (available for purchase in-store, if needed)
- Rotary cutter
- Tailor's Tape
- Purchase the OGDEN Cami PDF version through www.truebias.com
- Piece the PDF pattern together ONLY, do not cut it out, you will do that in the workshop after you learn to measure yourself correctly
- Take note of the fabric requirements on the pattern for your size, if in doubt, purchase more fabric than is recommended to be on the safe side
- You will receive a 5% discount on fabric purchases, for the purpose of this workshop only if you choose to incorporate fabric into your rope bowl. If you are an existing Sewing Club Member, the additional 5% discount will not apply.
- You will learn how to make this gorgeous OGDEN Cami, this is a great intro class to garment making
- You will learn how to properly measure yourself and cut out a PDF pattern in your size
- If the minimum amount of participants is not met, the workshop will be cancelled and the workshop fee will be refunded.
- Upon arriving in-store, we will require you to sign a Waiver prior to the workshop beginning.
- Restroom is not wheelchair/walker accessible
- In order to ensure that each participant receives enough attention to learn and complete a project in the allotted time frame, our workshops are limited in the number of participants, based on the workshop being taught unless otherwise stated. A minimum age of 16 is required for all of our adult workshops. Materials and supplies are not included in the workshop fee unless otherwise noted.
- Safety is our first concern at Oh Look, Fabric! Should a participant not adhere to the instructor’s instructions and/or be a disruption for other participants, the participant may be removed from the workshop and the workshop fee will be forfeited.
Payment and Cancellation Policies:
- Spaces in our workshops are limited, therefore to reserve a seat in any of our workshops a 100% non-refundable deposit must be received at the time of registration. You may register for a class in person at the store or on our website at www.ohlookfabric.com. Cancellations must be made a minimum 72 hours prior to the workshop start date; you will receive an in-store credit. Cancellations made less than 72 hours of the workshop start date, forfeit their fee entirely. Also, no refunds/credits will be issued for "no-shows", due to illness, travel, etc.
**photo credit www.truebais.com**