May 18 - Intro to Paper Piecing (Adult)
Oh Look, Fabric!
221 Main Street, E., Milton, ON L9T 1N9
Adult - Intro to Paper Piecing
Instructor: Elaine Theriault
Dates: Friday, May 18, 2018
Time: 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
(arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the workshop to get settled in)
Workshop Fee: $70.00/pp + HST
Duration of Workshop: Approx. 2 hours
Minimum Participants: 2
Maximum Participants: 5
Age Requirement: 16+
What to bring:
- Sewing machine in good working order (and manual)
- All purpose sewing foot (preferably, a plastic one that you can see through)
- 1/4" sewing foot (if you have one)
- Needles size 12/80 (universal or microtex)
- Basic sewing kit (seam ripper, quilters awl or stiletto, thread snips, scissors, pins, etc.)
- Neutral coloured thread for piecing (beige or grey are fine)
- Rotary cutter
- Ruler (6 or 6 1/2" square if you have one)
- Small cutting mat, a small iron and a small pressing surface (if you have any of these, it will cut down on hopping up and down to the large iron and cutting mat)
- Add-a-quarter ruler 6 or 12" (if you have one, we sell them in-store as well)
- Card-Stock - bookmark or magazine subscription insert will work
- Glue Stick (UHU brand is fine)
- Magic Tape (for repairing the patterns if needed)
- Fabric is a separate cost. Come into the store 1-2 days minimum in advance of your scheduled workshop and pick out your favourite fabrics (approx. 2 fat quarters minimum needed) from Oh Look, Fabric!
- You will receive a 5% discount on fabric purchases, for the purpose of this workshop only. If you are an existing Sewing Club Member, the additional 5% discount will not apply.
- You will learn the basics of paper peicing
- We will show you how to cut fabrics safely using a rotary cutter
- You will learn how to sew a ¼” seam allowance and get additional tips on pressing seams flat etc.
- If the minimum amount of participants is not met, the workshop will be cancelled and the workshop fee will be refunded.
- Upon arriving in-store, we will require you to sign a Waiver prior to the workshop beginning.
- Restroom is not wheelchair/walker accessible
- In order to ensure that each participant receives enough attention to learn and complete a project in the allotted time frame, our workshops are limited in the number of participants, based on the workshop being taught unless otherwise stated. A minimum age of 16 is required for all of our adult workshops. Materials and supplies are not included in the workshop fee unless otherwise noted.
- Safety is our first concern at Oh Look, Fabric! Should a participant not adhere to the instructor’s instructions and/or be a disruption for other participants, the participant may be removed from the workshop and the workshop fee will be forfeited.
Payment and Cancellation Policies:
- Spaces in our workshops are limited, therefore to reserve a seat in any of our workshops a 100% non-refundable deposit must be received at the time of registration. You may register for a class in person at the store or on our website at www.ohlookfabric.com. Cancellations must be made a minimum 72 hours prior to the workshop start date; you will receive an in-store credit. Cancellations made less than 72 hours of the workshop start date, forfeit their fee entirely. Also, no refunds/credits will be issued for "no-shows", due to illness, travel, etc.