September 7 - Elizabeth Hartman's Bjorn Bear Pillow Cover (Adult)
Oh Look, Fabric!
221 Main Street, E., Milton, ON L9T 1N9
Adult - Elizabeth Hartman's Bjorn Bear Pillow Cover
Instructor: Elaine Theriault
Dates: Friday, September 7, 2018
Time: 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m
(arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the workshop to get settled in)
Workshop Fee: $65.00/pp + HST
Duration of Workshop: Approx. 2 hours
Minimum Participants: 2
Maximum Participants: 4
Skill Level: Basic Sewing
Age Requirement: 16+
What to bring:
- Sewing machine in good working order (and manual)
- All purpose sewing foot and a 1/4" sewing foot (if you have one), also a zipper foot if you would like to add a zipper to your 20" x 20" pillow cover (18" zipper)
- Basic sewing kit (seam ripper, quilters awl or stiletto, thread snips, scissors, pins, etc.)
- Neutral coloured thread for piecing the blocks
- Rotary cutter
- Mid-tone neutral background fabric - 3/8 yards
- Colourful fabric for bears face & ears - 1 fat quarter (18" x 21" each)
- Dark solid fabric for eyes and nose - 1/8 yard
- White solid fabric for muzzles - 1/8 yard
- Backing fabric - 5/8 yard
- Binding fabric - 1/8 yard
- Batting - 23" x 23" and 23" x 30"
- Optional glasses - 6" x 13" piece of fabric and a 6" x 13" piece of lightweight fusible web.
- Pillow lining - 1 1/2 yard plain cotton and 2 - 3" x 3" fabric scraps for the contrasting ears
** Bjorn Bear pattern is included in this workshop **
- Fabric is a separate cost. Come into the store 1-2 days minimum in advance of your scheduled workshop and pick out your favourite fabrics from Oh Look, Fabric! (we cut by the half yard, please keep this in mind)
- You will receive a 5% discount on fabric purchases, for the purpose of this workshop only. If you are an existing Sewing Club Member, the additional 5% discount will not apply.
- Make an adorable Bjorn Bear pillow cover using the stitch n' flip method
- How to insert a zipper
- We will show you how to cut fabrics safely using a rotary cutter
- You will learn how to sew a ¼” seam allowance and get additional tips on pressing seams flat etc.
- If the minimum amount of participants is not met, the workshop will be cancelled and the workshop fee will be refunded.
- Upon arriving in-store, we will require you to sign a Waiver prior to the workshop beginning.
- Restroom is not wheelchair/walker accessible
- In order to ensure that each participant receives enough attention to learn and complete a project in the allotted time frame, our workshops are limited in the number of participants, based on the workshop being taught unless otherwise stated. A minimum age of 16 is required for all of our adult workshops. Materials and supplies are not included in the workshop fee unless otherwise noted.
- Safety is our first concern at Oh Look, Fabric! Should a participant not adhere to the instructor’s instructions and/or be a disruption for other participants, the participant may be removed from the workshop and the workshop fee will be forfeited.
Payment and Cancellation Policies:
- Spaces in our workshops are limited, therefore to reserve a seat in any of our workshops a 100% non-refundable deposit must be received at the time of registration. You may register for a class in person at the store or on our website at www.ohlookfabric.com. Cancellations must be made a minimum 72 hours prior to the workshop start date; you will receive an in-store credit. Cancellations made less than 72 hours of the workshop start date, forfeit their fee entirely. Also, no refunds/credits will be issued for "no-shows", due to illness, travel, etc.