June 7 - Tote Bag (Adult)
Oh Look, Fabric!
221 Main Street, E., Milton, ON L9T 1N9
Adult - Tote Bag
Instructor: Elaine Theriault
Dates: Friday, June 7, 2019
Time: 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
(arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the workshop to get settled in)
Workshop Fee: $75.00/pp + HST
Duration of Workshop: Approx. 3 hours
Minimum Participants: 2
Maximum Participants: 4
Age Requirement: 16+
Skill Requirement: Basic sewing
What to bring:
- Sewing machine in good working order (and manual if you have one)
- All purpose sewing foot or a 1/4" piecing foot (if you have one)
- Walking foot is you wish to do some quilting on the tote bag (and thread for quilting)
- Basic sewing kit (seam ripper, thread snips, fabric and all purpose scissors, pins, clips, pencil or marker)
- Neutral coloured thread for piecing tote bag and matching thread for top stitching
- Rotary cutter
- Outer bag - 1/2 yard
- Handles and bag trim - 1/2 yard
- Lining, pockets, bag bottom cover - 1 yard
- Fusible fleece - 1 yard
- Decor bond (Pellon 809) - 1 yard
- Visit Oh Look, Fabric! in-store to pick up your instruction sheet after you have signed up.
- Pre-cut the pieces as per the pattern. If you are not comfortable with cutting, then we can cut in the workshop
- Prepare the first FOUR bullet points in the pattern, DO NOT TRIM, we will trim in the workshop
- You will receive a 5% discount on fabric purchases, for the purpose of this workshop only. If you are an existing Sewing Club Member, the additional 5% discount will not apply.
- You will learn how to create a gorgeous one of a kind tote bag
- If the minimum amount of participants is not met, the workshop will be cancelled and the workshop fee will be refunded.
- Upon arriving in-store, we will require you to sign a Waiver prior to the workshop beginning.
- Restroom is not wheelchair/walker accessible
- In order to ensure that each participant receives enough attention to learn and complete a project in the allotted time frame, our workshops are limited in the number of participants, based on the workshop being taught unless otherwise stated. A minimum age of 16 is required for all of our adult workshops. Materials and supplies are not included in the workshop fee unless otherwise noted.
- Safety is our first concern at Oh Look, Fabric! Should a participant not adhere to the instructor’s instructions and/or be a disruption for other participants, the participant may be removed from the workshop and the workshop fee will be forfeited.
Payment and Cancellation Policies:
- Spaces in our workshops are limited, therefore to reserve a seat in any of our workshops a 100% non-refundable deposit must be received at the time of registration. You may register for a class in person at the store or on our website at www.ohlookfabric.com. Cancellations must be made a minimum 72 hours prior to the workshop start date; you will receive an in-store credit. Cancellations made less than 72 hours of the workshop start date, forfeit their fee entirely. Also, no refunds/credits will be issued for "no-shows", due to illness, travel, etc.