November 20 - Snowflake Cushion Cover Workshop (Adult)
Oh Look, Fabric!
221 Main Street, E., Milton, ON L9T 1N9
Adult Snowflake Cushion Cover Workshop
Instructor: Elaine Theriault
Dates: Tuesday, November 20, 2018
Time: 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
(arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the workshop to get settled in)
Workshop Fee: $55.00/pp + HST (paid at the time of booking)
Duration of Workshop: Approximately 2 hours
Minimum Participants: 2
Maximum Participants: 4
Age Requirement: 16
Skill Requirement: Beginner
Just in time for the holidays! Make this appliqued snowflake cushion cover. They’re so simple, you can make several. Use the Accuquilt die cut machine to quickly cut the snowflake. (Bring extra supplies if you want to cut more snowflakes in this workshop).
What to bring:
- Sewing machine in good working order (bring your manual as well)
- Applique foot or a clear plastic foot or an all purpose sewing foot
- Basic sewing kit (seam ripper, thread snips, scissors, pins, etc)
- Thread to match your snowflake (available for purchase in-store, if needed)
- Neutral coloured thread for sewing your cushion cover (available for purchase in-store, if needed
- Fabric is a separate cost. Come into the store 1-2 days minimum in advance of your scheduled workshop and pick out your favourite fabrics from Oh Look, Fabric!
- 1 fat quarter is required for your snowflake
- 1/2 yard is required for the cushion cover
- 8" square of fusible wedding (like Steam-a-Seam)
- 12" pillow form (not available in-store, check Walmart, etc.)
- You will receive a 5% discount on fabric purchases, for the purpose of this workshop only. If you are an existing Sewing Club Member, the additional 5% discount will not apply.
- You will learn how to do a zig zag stitch to cover the raw edges of your snowflake
- Get rid of floppy pillow ears
- You will learn make a envelope style closure on the back
- If the minimum amount of participants is not met, the workshop will be cancelled and the workshop fee will be refunded.
- Upon arriving in-store, we will require you to sign a Waiver prior to the workshop beginning.
- Restroom is not wheelchair/walker accessible
- In order to ensure that each participant receives enough attention to learn and complete a project in the allotted time frame, our workshops are limited in the number of participants, based on the workshop being taught unless otherwise stated. A minimum age of 16+ is required for all of our adult workshops. Materials and supplies are not included in the workshop fee unless otherwise noted.
- Safety is our first concern at Oh Look, Fabric! Should a participant not adhere to the instructor’s instructions and/or be a disruption for other participants, the participant may be removed from the workshop and the workshop fee will be forfeited.
Payment and Cancellation Policies:
- Spaces in our workshops are limited, therefore to reserve a seat in any of our workshops a 100% non-refundable deposit must be received at the time of registration. You may register for a class in person at the store or on our website at www.ohlookfabric.com. Cancellations must be made a minimum 72 hours prior to the workshop start date; you will receive an in-store credit. Cancellations made less than 72 hours of the workshop start date, forfeit their fee entirely. Also, no refunds/credits will be issued for "no-shows", due to illness, travel, etc.