June 19 - Beginner Pillowcase Workshop (Kids)
Oh Look, Fabric!
221 Main Street, E., Milton, ON L9T 1N9
Kids 9+ Beginner Pillowcase Workshops
Instructor: Elaine Theriault
Dates: June 19, 2018
Time: 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
(arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the workshop to get settled in)
Workshop Fee: $70.00/pp + HST (paid at the time of booking)
Duration of Workshop: Approximately 3 hours
Minimum Participants: 2
Maximum Participants: 4
Age Requirement: 9+
What to bring:
- Sewing machine in good working order
- All purpose sewing foot
- Basic sewing kit (seam ripper, thread snips, scissors, pins)
- Neutral coloured thread for sewing your pillowcase (available for purchase in-store, if needed)
- Fabric is a separate cost. Come into the store 1-2 days minimum in advance of your scheduled workshop and pick out your favourite fabrics (approx. 2 yards –minimum half yard cuts only) from Oh Look, Fabric! and leave it at the store, where it will be pre-cut for you and ready for sewing when you arrive to the workshop
- You will receive a 5% discount on fabric purchases, for the purpose of this workshop only. If you are an existing Sewing Club Member, the additional 5% discount will not apply
- You will learn the basics of how to operate your sewing machine
- We will show you how to cut fabrics safely using a rotary cutter
- You will learn how to sew a straight ¼” seam and get additional tips on pressing seams flat etc.
- If the minimum amount of participants is not met, the workshop will be cancelled and the workshop fee will be refunded.
- Upon arriving in-store, we will require you to sign a Waiver prior to the workshop beginning.
- Restroom is not wheelchair/walker accessible
- In order to ensure that each participant receives enough attention to learn and complete a project in the allotted time frame, our workshops are limited in the number of participants, based on the workshop being taught unless otherwise stated. A minimum age of 9 is required for all of our kid’s workshops. Materials and supplies are not included in the workshop fee unless otherwise noted.
- Safety is our first concern at Oh Look, Fabric! Should a participant not adhere to the instructor’s instructions and/or be a disruption for other participants, the participant may be removed from the workshop and the workshop fee will be forfeited.
Payment and Cancellation Policies:
- Spaces in our workshops are limited, therefore to reserve a seat in any of our workshops a 100% non-refundable deposit must be received at the time of registration. You may register for a class in person at the store or on our website at www.ohlookfabric.com. Cancellations must be made a minimum 72 hours prior to the workshop start date; you will receive an in-store credit. Cancellations made less than 72 hours of the workshop start date, forfeit their fee entirely. Also, no refunds/credits will be issued for "no -shows" due to illness, travel, etc.