May 24 - Beginner Garment Making - Summer Kimono (curved hem) Workshop
Oh Look, Fabric!
221 Main Street, E., Milton, ON L9T 1N9
Adult - Beginner Garment Making - Patterns for Pirates, Summer Kimono (curved hem) Workshop
Instructor: Elaine Theriault
Dates: Friday, May 24, 2018
Time: 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
(arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the workshop to get settled in)
Workshop Fee: $65.00/pp + HST
Duration of Workshop: Approx. 3 hours
Minimum Participants: 2
Maximum Participants: 6
Age Requirement: 16+
Skill Level: Basic sewing
What to bring:
- Sewing machine in good working order (and manual if you have one)
- All purpose sewing foot and a 1/4" foot (if you have one)
- Basic sewing kit (seam ripper, thread snips, safety pins, fabric scissors, tape measure, ruler, rotary cutter, quilter's awl, pins, clips, pencil or marker)
- Thread to match your fabric (available for purchase in-store, if needed)
- Rotary cutter
- Tailor's Tape
- Purchase the pattern online from Patterns for Pirates here... https://www.patternsforpirates.com/product/summer-kimono/
- Print out your newly purchased pattern, piece paper together with tape and carefully trace the size you require for the curved hem pattern using Pellon 810 Tru-Grid (available to OLF!)
- Take note of the fabric requirements on the pattern for your size, if in doubt, purchase more fabric than is recommended to be on the safe side
- Intermediate sewers can use nonwoven fabrics (rayon, cotton lawn). If you only have basic sewing skills please select woven fabrics (100% cotton or cotton/linen blends)
- You will receive a 5% discount on fabric purchases, for the purpose of this workshop only. If you are an existing Sewing Club Member, the additional 5% discount will not apply.
- A loose fitting garment with fabulous style. The pattern is versatile and offers various hem lines and trim.
- If the minimum amount of participants is not met, the workshop will be cancelled and the workshop fee will be refunded.
- Upon arriving in-store, we will require you to sign a Waiver prior to the workshop beginning.
- Restroom is not wheelchair/walker accessible
- In order to ensure that each participant receives enough attention to learn and complete a project in the allotted time frame, our workshops are limited in the number of participants, based on the workshop being taught unless otherwise stated. A minimum age of 16+ is required for all of our adult workshops. Materials and supplies are not included in the workshop fee unless otherwise noted.
- Safety is our first concern at Oh Look, Fabric! Should a participant not adhere to the instructor’s instructions and/or be a disruption for other participants, the participant may be removed from the workshop and the workshop fee will be forfeited.
Payment and Cancellation Policies:
- Spaces in our workshops are limited, therefore to reserve a seat in any of our workshops a 100% non-refundable deposit must be received at the time of registration. You may register for a class in person at the store or on our website at www.ohlookfabric.com. Cancellations must be made a minimum 72 hours prior to the workshop start date; you will receive an in-store credit. Cancellations made less than 72 hours of the workshop start date, forfeit their fee entirely. Also, no refunds/credits will be issued for "no-shows", due to illness, travel, etc.
**photo credit Patterns for Pirates**