May 8 - Mother's Day - Beginner Journal Cover Workshop (Parent and 1 Child/Teen)
Oh Look, Fabric!
221 Main Street E., Milton, ON L9T 1N9
May 8 - Mother's Day Beginner Journal Cover Workshop (Parent and 1 Child/Teen)
Instructor: Elaine Theriault
Date: Wednesday, May 8, 2019
Time: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Workshop Fee: $70.00/pp + HST (paid at the time of booking)
Duration of Workshop: Approximately 2 hours
Minimum Participants: 2
Maximum Participants: 6
Age Requirement: 7+
Skill Requirement: Beginner
What to bring:
- Sewing machine in good working order (1 sewing machine per pair required)
- All purpose sewing foot
- Basic sewing kit (seam ripper, thread snips, scissors, pins)
- Neutral coloured thread for sewing your journal cover (available for purchase in-store, if needed)
What you will receive in class:
- 1 journal
- Fabric is a separate cost. Come into the store 1-2 days minimum in advance of your scheduled workshop and pick out 2 of your favourite fat quarters from Oh Look, Fabric! and leave it at the store, where it will be pre-cut for you and ready for sewing when you arrive to the workshop
- You will receive a 5% discount on fabric purchases, for the purpose of this workshop only. If you are an existing Sewing Club Member, the additional 5% discount will not apply.
- You will learn the basics of how to operate your sewing machine
- We will show you how to cut fabrics safely using a rotary cutter
- You will learn how to sew a straight ¼” seam and get additional tips on pressing seams flat etc. Once you have made your journal cover, you will want to make more and we will show you other of ideas to create some funky journal covers.
- If the minimum amount of participants is not met, the workshop will be cancelled and the workshop fee will be refunded.
- Upon arriving in-store, we will require you to sign a Waiver prior to the workshop beginning.
- Restroom is not wheelchair/walker accessible
- In order to ensure that each participant receives enough attention to learn and complete a project in the allotted time frame, our workshops are limited in the number of participants, based on the workshop being taught unless otherwise stated. A minimum age of 7 is required for all of our kid’s workshops. Materials and supplies are not included in the workshop fee unless otherwise noted.
- Safety is our first concern at Oh Look, Fabric! Should a participant not adhere to the instructor’s instructions and/or be a disruption for other participants, the participant may be removed from the workshop and the workshop fee will be forfeited.
Payment and Cancellation Policies:
- Spaces in our workshops are limited, therefore to reserve a seat in any of our workshops a 100% non-refundable deposit must be received at the time of registration. You may register for a class in person or on our website at www.ohlookfabric.com. Cancellations must be made a minimum 72 hours prior to the workshop start date; you will receive an in-store credit. Cancellations made less than 72 hours of the workshop start date, forfeit their fee entirely. Also, no refunds/credits will be issued for "no-shows" due to illness, travel, etc.