October 17 - Jelly Roll Rug Workshop (Adult)
Oh Look, Fabric!
221 Main Street, E., Milton, ON L9T 1N9
Adult Jelly Roll Rug Workshop
Instructor: Elaine Theriault
Dates: Wednesday, October 17, 2018
Time: 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
(arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the workshop to get settled in)
Workshop Fee: $60.00/pp + HST (paid at the time of booking)
Duration of Workshop: Approximately 2 hours
Minimum Participants: 2
Maximum Participants: 4
Age Requirement: 16
Skill Requirement: Confident Beginner
This is the perfect gift for anyone, including yourself and your pets. The rugs are very easy to make and can become very addictive. There are two different styles, but we're going to work on the rectangular rug in this workshop, you will however get tips on how to make the oval jelly roll rug.
What to bring:
- Sewing machine in good working order
- All purpose sewing foot
- Binder or Wonder Clips
- Basic sewing kit (seam ripper, thread snips, scissors, pins, etc.)
- Thread to match your fabric (available for purchase in-store, if needed)
- Rotary Cutter
- Paper and Pins (to label your strips if you want to)
- Purchase a jelly roll pack, 2 1/2" wide strips with a minimum of 40-42 strips (please keep in mind we do not have jelly rolls in-store, you are welcome to bring in a jelly roll purchased else where)
- If you wish to purchase fabric or use fabric from your stash instead of purchasing a jelly roll, you will need to bring in 2 1/2" strips (40-42 strips needed)
- 2 - 2 1/2" jelly roll batting packs will be needed ( we have these for sale in-store)
- Fabric is a separate cost. Come into the store 1-2 days minimum in advance of your scheduled workshop and pick out your favourite fabrics (minimum half yard cuts only) from Oh Look, Fabric!
- You will receive a 5% discount on fabric purchases, for the purpose of this workshop only. If you are an existing Sewing Club Member, the additional 5% discount will not apply.
- You will learn how to make a rectangle jelly roll rug
- If the minimum amount of participants is not met, the workshop will be cancelled and the workshop fee will be refunded.
- Upon arriving in-store, we will require you to sign a Waiver prior to the workshop beginning.
- Restroom is not wheelchair/walker accessible
- In order to ensure that each participant receives enough attention to learn and complete a project in the allotted time frame, our workshops are limited in the number of participants, based on the workshop being taught unless otherwise stated. A minimum age of 16+ is required for all of our adult workshops. Materials and supplies are not included in the workshop fee unless otherwise noted.
- Safety is our first concern at Oh Look, Fabric! Should a participant not adhere to the instructor’s instructions and/or be a disruption for other participants, the participant may be removed from the workshop and the workshop fee will be forfeited.
Payment and Cancellation Policies:
- Spaces in our workshops are limited, therefore to reserve a seat in any of our workshops a 100% non-refundable deposit must be received at the time of registration. You may register for a class in person at the store or on our website at www.ohlookfabric.com. Cancellations must be made a minimum 72 hours prior to the workshop start date; you will receive an in-store credit. Cancellations made less than 72 hours of the workshop start date, forfeit their fee entirely. Also, no refunds/credits will be issued for "no-shows", due to illness, travel, etc.
*Not our photo, not sure of photo source*