September 19 - Banner and Pennants Workshop (Adult)
Oh Look, Fabric!
221 Main Street, E., Milton, ON L9T 1N9
Adult - Banner and Pennants Workshop
Instructor: Elaine Theriault
Dates: Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Time: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
(arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the workshop to get settled in)
Workshop Fee: $50.00/pp + HST (paid at the time of booking)
Duration of Workshop: Approximately 2 hours
Minimum Participants: 2
Maximum Participants: 6
Age Requirement: 16+
Skill Requirement: Confident Beginner
What to bring:
- Sewing machine in good working order (bring your manual as well)
- Basic sewing kit (seam ripper, ruler, quilters awl thread snips, scissors, pins, rotary cutter, etc.)
- All purpose sewing foot
- Open toe applique foot (if you have one)
- 1/4" foot (if you have one)
- natural thread for piecing
- Decorative thread for stitching around the letters
- Pencil and Paper
- Fabric is a separate cost. Come into the store 1-2 days minimum in advance of your scheduled workshop and pick out your favourite fabrics from Oh Look, Fabric! You will need 2 fat quarters that are contrasting in colour, seam-a-steam (also, some batting if your piece requires it...this can be purchased the night of the workshop if needed)
- You will receive a 5% discount on fabric purchases, for the purpose of this workshop only. If you are an existing Sewing Club Member, the additional 5% discount will not apply.
- Shout out your message with a customized banner or pennant. You'll learn different ways of creating your message and ideas for hanging the banners/pennants. You'll learn how to create letters in any size and any font. Techniques for applique and embellishments will be covered in this workshops as well.
- If the minimum amount of participants is not met, the workshop will be cancelled and the workshop fee will be refunded.
- Upon arriving in-store, we will require you to sign a Waiver prior to the workshop beginning.
- Restroom is not wheelchair/walker accessible
- In order to ensure that each participant receives enough attention to learn and complete a project in the allotted time frame, our workshops are limited in the number of participants, based on the workshop being taught unless otherwise stated. A minimum age of 16+ is required for all of our adult workshops. Materials and supplies are not included in the workshop fee unless otherwise noted.
- Safety is our first concern at Oh Look, Fabric! Should a participant not adhere to the instructor’s instructions and/or be a disruption for other participants, the participant may be removed from the workshop and the workshop fee will be forfeited.
Payment and Cancellation Policies:
- Spaces in our workshops are limited, therefore to reserve a seat in any of our workshops a 100% non-refundable deposit must be received at the time of registration. You may register for a class in person at the store or on our website at www.ohlookfabric.com. Cancellations must be made a minimum 72 hours prior to the workshop start date; you will receive an in-store credit. Cancellations made less than 72 hours of the workshop start date, forfeit their fee entirely. Also, no refunds/credits will be issued for "no-shows", due to illness, travel, etc.